Friday, August 27, 2010

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort

Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Photo: Courtesy of Universal Orlando Resort
I've waved my wand, cast my spell, and a hocus pocus minute later (well, actually tomorrow) I will be flying (sans broomstick) to Orlando to experience the spell-binding, Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando Resort. The only way to really enjoy everything Universal is to bring along another set of eyes, so I've convinced my 10 year-old niece Journey to come along. Of course, she didn't need much convincing!

On the agenda is a stay on-site at  Universal Orlando® Resort. We'll be camping out for a few nights at Hard Rock Hotel®, one of three hotels within walking distance of both theme parks and CityWalk®. The other two hotels are Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and Loews Royal Pacific Resort.

As an on-site hotel guest, we get the advantage of skipping the regular lines at participating rides and attractions with FREE Universal Express access in both Universal Orlando theme parks. All it takes is flashing our hotel room key card at each express entrance.

During our visit, we'll also enjoy a guided tour of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and experience the theme park attraction Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. Also on the agenda is a tasting of Butterbeer and pumpkin juice -- bet you're jealous now!

This is trip of many firsts for my niece Journey:
  • First airplane ride
  • First beach, palm tree & ocean sightings
  • First Orlando visit
  • First visit to Universal Studio
And I'm also hoping to include her first visit to Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Check back often here at TravelingInHeels.com and TravelingMom.com as I'm planning to update my blog each night, and Journey will be offering her kid's view too!

Until next time, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment