Monday, September 20, 2010

Adventure on the Big Island

view from room Hilo Hawaiian Village

Three flights from Denver, two layovers, and 12 plus hours later and I arrived at the Big Island of Hawaii. It’s my first stop here, the one Hawaiian island I haven’t visited before.


The flights were smooth, and a short drive (less than 15 minutes) from the Hilo airport to the Hilo Hawaiian Hotel.  (see picture on right) It's part of the Castle Resort properties. This Hilo locations allows for quick exploration of this side of the island. Today I’m checking out its refurbished meeting space and renovation of its popular Queen’s Court Restaurant. More on that later.

The Big Island is known for its adventures , from hiking to snorkeling to golf, from sand to snow to a steaming volcanic crater. Today I begin my adventure at ‘Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawaii and end at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park with a lava adventure and sunset walk to the lava flows at Kalapana.

Follow me on http://www.twitter.com/dianarowe to get instant updates and photos of my adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment