Monday, November 08, 2010

Costa Rica and San Salvador

Just over a year ago, I visited the Guanacaste side of Costa Rica, my 2nd visit to the country, for the Grand Opening of the Riu Guanacaste. That trip was a whirlwind of adventures ranging from wildlife viewing to relaxing at the Riu's always amazing pool -- and so many dancers!

Today, I return to  San Jose with accommodations at the Real InterContinental Hotel & Club Tower CR. San Jose is the capital of Costa Rica and the largest city. My last visit was an optional shore excursion  with my sister, after a long haul on Holland America's Panama Canal Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Jose. I think we may have kissed the ground, we were so happy to be on land! My first activity will be a City Tour of San Jose, with stops at other hotels.

Mid-week, I'll board a plane again, this time for my first visit to San Salvador, El Salvador where the Crowne Plaza San Salvador is hosting my accommodations. San Salvador is the first landfall site of Christopher Columbus on his initial voyage of discovery in 1492. I'm always excited to visit a country for the first time, and most already know what a fan I am of Latin America. Another City Tour will introduce me to San Salvador with site visits at several hotels.

Check back, as when I have time, I'll blog along the way. For immediate updates, follow me on Twitter @dianarowe

No comments:

Post a Comment