Monday, December 01, 2008

Jet Airways - Ticket to Comfort

Recommended Shoes: Cozy Slippers

When traveling overseas, my biggest complaint is feeling like a sardine squashed into an airplane seat, usually next to a snoring or loud seatmate.

My recent round trip to Brussels was onboard Jet Airways reclining comfortably in its Premier Class. Take a look at me enjoying my Premier class pod -- don't I look comfy? Pajamas are provided -- all I need bring is my slippers.

The 7 1/2 hour flight was amazingly peaceful and began with a smiling staff, genuine "good evenings" and "how are you" before finding my seat. My personal "attendant" immediately handed me a warm scented washcloth -- a perfect relaxant to my already stressful journey.

Follow-up was a seat-side served meal including a couple of glasses of much-needed wine. Sea Bass was my dinner selection on the flight to Brussels from JFK, but my return flight to the U.S. only provided India food options (with curry, etc). Unfortunately, my stomach can't handle anything remotely spicy, so I settled for fruit, soup and salad.

My experience in the air into JFK (arriving in from another non-connecting airline from Denver to JFK) thus far had been less than stellar, with my one pretty-in-pink suitcase deciding to go AWOL in the never-ending abyss of lost luggage. An hour later, after scrambling and searching, keeping my fingers crossed, I finally succumbed to filing a lost baggage claim before heading to Jet Airways terminal.

About Jet Airways, Wikipedia reads, "Jet Airways is an airline based in Mumbai, India. It is the country's second-largest international airline after Air India and the largest domestic airline. It operates over 400 daily flights to 64 destinations." In July 2008, Jet Airways was honored as second-best long-haul airlines, after Singapore Air.

Even my counter check-in at Jet Airways was peaceful, even though I arrived with less than one hour to departure. The counter employee immediately eased my tension, told me all was okay, checked me in, and then she gave me a pass to the airport lounge (and a free drink coupon).

The plane was huge and roomy, even economy seats looked comfy. I felt like the Queen of the Airlines -- finally after such a stressful travel day. When I was given my own pair of PJs, I almost cried (hysterically!) -- and I admit I was quite happy to have sleeping clothes (even more if I would've known my my luggage wouldn't arrive until nearly 4 days after arriving in Brussels!).

Here's the specs: Jet Airways offers unprecedented levels of luxury, privacy and comfort in the air. Première (business) class pods are considered the most comfortable Business Class seats in the sky that convert to 73"-long totally flat beds and feature lumbar support and massage systems. Leg room in Economy is more generous than the norm and seats have been designed using the science of advanced ergonomics. Passengers in both classes have access to the state-of-the-art Panasonic eX2 entertainment system, complete with 200+ movies, games and endless music choices - heard through Bose noise-cancelling headphones.

Check out Jet Airways for more details, or click here to see Premier seating video. here's a summary: With over 357 flights daily to 42 destinations in India, we connect a place every 5 minutes. Jet Airways has come a long way since its first flight in 1993. It's one of the fastest growing airlines in the world, and now it's all set to change the way you fly - for the better! Jet Airways operates flights to 20 international destinations, offering you a better choice in the skies. Daily services are from three gateway cities (Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi) to its European hub in Brussels and onwards to New York (Newark and JFK) and Toronto. The airline also offers daily services to Kuala Lumpur, Singapore and Colombo from Chennai.

Read more about my Belgian adventures at my Where in the World is Diana blog.

Until next time, Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment